

This is one of the meals that they served on board the flight from Vancouver to Hong Kong.
And after 12 long hours we finally made it!

We took a city bus from the airport to Kowloon and although it was already dark, we were able to see some cool views of the city.

Once off the bus it took us a while to find our hostel but a local pointed us in the right direction and said that a lot of first time visitors to Hong Kong seem to stay at this hostel. Finally we found it, turns out we walked right by it but it was an easy miss since the sign is so small. We got ourselves checked in and settled into our bunks. We were kindly greeted in the lounge with several other travellers from various places; they asked us a bunch of questions and offered us dinner.


After eating we walked around the neighbourhood. Even though it was ten at night the air still felt humid and muggy, I can't imagine how hot we will feel tomorrow while the sun is still out.
On our way back to the hostel we stopped by a grocery store and picked up some snacks before we called it a day.

Now we are just relaxing and planning tomorrow's adventure!



Happy you arrived safe. Now the adventure begins. Love you
ReplyDeleteWe feel the excitement just looking at the photos. Great shots! Happy all went well for you both. Lots of love.
ReplyDeleteHow did the shopping go? Were you able to use your Chinese?
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately no, I was asking one of the girls at the table at dinner if people would understand if I spoke Mandarin to them but she said people speak Cantonese in hong kong and many learn English since it is mandatory in school so we should get by just fine with English! But I recognize some basic characters on signs, it's pretty cool!
DeleteENJOYED YOUR PHOTOS THANKS KITTY
ReplyDeleteLove the smiles on Jim's face. I can tell HE is having fun. B.T.W. Jim, I really like the music video you made as well. So cool! Keep sharing please!! These are great!
ReplyDeleteWe are really enljoying being able to keep up with your experiences. The photo's and the video are fantastic! We are already looking forward to the nexr instalment.
ReplyDeleteLove, oma and opa
Ha! I especially like the grocery store pics. :)
ReplyDelete