Made it to our apartment in Vietnam, the guy sitting beside Jim on the plane fell asleep on his shoulder hahahah he quickly woke back up though but it was kinda funny. The car ride from the airport to the apartment may have been one of the most scariest rides of my life. The drivers don't really follow the rules of the road here, there are no lanes and its kinda just a free for all with mopeds all around and an excessive amount of honking. I was almost sure we would hit someone by the end of the car ride, however some how we made it in one piece and we were able to get good views of Hanoi from the hour commute. It was a bit of a confusing transition once we arrived at the apartment, because I guess they are changing rooms around so stuff was kinda everyone and the main coordinator was away this afternoon so we were greeted by an intern who didn't know much and couldn't answer a lot of our questions. She took us to a room which was almost empty (reference photo below) and explained that it would just be us till next week, originally I understood that we were the only volunteers so I was kind of worried. Eventually things cleared up and we met many other volunteers on another floor. In total there is about 13-15 of us and more are coming in the next few weeks. We got dinner with everyone at a local restaurant, usually we have a cook but because they are switching things around the kitchen won't be ready until tomorrow. To compensate they paid for our meal, Jim and I both ordered fried rice which was delicious. The view from our apartment is amazing, the city has a lot less sky scrapers than Hong Kong and everything seems to be a lot more spread out. The wifi is reallyyy bad so I apologize if we can't update as often. Tomorrow we have an orientation day so we won't actually go to our placement until Tuesday.
I am happy you made it! It seems quite the contrast from Hong Kong by the pictures you sent! Enjoy orientation tomorrow. Jim I knew you were wonderful to lean on! lol Take care both of you! xo
www.sabung-online.net Adalah Agen Sabung Ayam Terbaik Di Indonesia | Deposit dan Withdraw Yang Super Cepat | Pendaftaran Gratis!!!! WA : +6281377055002 | BBM : D1A1E6DF | BOLAVITA
I am happy you made it! It seems quite the contrast from Hong Kong by the pictures you sent! Enjoy orientation tomorrow. Jim I knew you were wonderful to lean on! lol Take care both of you! xo
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLet's try this again, I hate auto correct....
ReplyDeleteAs soon as I mentioned a car drive, Mireille predicted your sentence describing your experience!! :-). Welcome to Hanoi!!
www.sabung-online.net Adalah Agen Sabung Ayam Terbaik Di Indonesia | Deposit dan Withdraw Yang Super Cepat | Pendaftaran Gratis!!!! WA : +6281377055002 | BBM : D1A1E6DF | BOLAVITA
ReplyDelete